MV "St. Ninian"

The MV "St. Ninian" was completed in 1950 for transporting passengers and cargo between Leith and the northern isles, this round trip being made once a week, from the time of her maiden voyage until around 1970, when the port of Leith ceased to be used by her operators, the North of Scotland, Orkney and Shetland Steam Navigation Co.  She was then sold to Canadian owners.

 

She is depicted rolling a bit in choppy seas.  The owner of the painting lives in Shetland.

| Login