The "Marigold" was a steel-built steam drifter, built for the Admiralty at Aberdeen in 1918. She was later bought by A. & A. B. Duncan of Peterhead, and is pictured approaching Peterhead harbour, with Buchan Ness lighthouse in the background.
This seascape oil painting is on hardboard, is 24 x 18 inches in size, and was commissioned by R. Duncan, Fife.